The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (CPA Ireland) and the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA-Canada) have a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA). The MRA establishes a strategic partnership between the two leading accounting organizations and gives members the opportunity to qualify for a second designation.
Under the agreement, members in good standing of either body will be considered for membership by the other body. Members wishing to practice public accounting will be required to meet the specific regulatory and legal requirements in each jurisdiction.
You Can Become a CPA Without Leaving Home
CPA is one of the best known international accounting designations and Irish professional qualifications are held in high regard worldwide. By becoming a CPA you are joining a global network. Out of some two and a half million qualified accountants worldwide, one million plus are CPAs. The entire process is all online and can be completed from the comfort of your own home.
Member Benefits, Discounts and Professional Services
CPA Ireland provides members with a variety of benefits, discounts and professional services. The full range includes financial, health, publication, lifestyle, technical and professional benefits. Professional and technical resources will enable you to remain up to date and at the leading edge of your profession.
Terms & Conditions
A CGA-Canada member seeking admission to CPA Ireland should have successfully completed:
- The CGA-Canada Program of Professional Studies,
- The CGA-Canada practical experience requirements,
- Any other requirement as may be prescribed by CPA Ireland including but not limited to language proficiency, evidence of good character and payment of fees AND
- Be a member in good standing and not currently subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigations and has not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years.
CPA Ireland is not obliged to admit as its Member any Member of CGA-Canada who:
You can join CPA in 4 steps:
(a) is a Member of CGA-Canada by virtue of an MRA or any other mutual recognition arrangement with another professional body;
(b) is the subject of a current investigation into his or her professional conduct;
(c) has been subject to any disciplinary sanctions within the five years prior to their application.
1. Email PDF copies of all relevant documentation below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CPA Canada Letter of Goodstanding
- 2 Professional written letters of reference
- ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- CPA Canada Membership Certificate
2. Complete and pass two online courses (available at €125 each):
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2 above, you can then complete steps 3 and 4.
3. Complete the Online MRA Application form
4. Pay the Administration Fee of €200
If you require further information, please contact email@example.com
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) is the national organization established to support a unified Canadian accounting profession. We represent highly qualified professionals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to providing the highest standards of accounting, ethics and best business practices.
CPA Canada is a progressive and forward-thinking organization whose members bring a convergence of shared values, diverse business skills and exceptional talents to the accounting field. As one of the world’s largest national accounting bodies, with more than 210,000 members across the country and around the world, CPA Canada carries a strong influential voice. We play an important role in influencing international accounting, audit and assurance standards to ensure that these standards are appropriate for Canadian market needs.