Institute of Cost & Management Accountants Bangladesh
CPA Ireland and the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants Bangladesh have entered into a Mutual Recognition Agreement which was signed during the World Congress of Accountants 2022 in Mumbai India.
The agreement was signed by Aine Collins, President, CPA Ireland and Mr. Md. Mamunur Rashid FCMA, President ICMAB. Under the agreement, members in good standing of either body will be considered for membership by the other body. Members wishing to practice public accounting will be required to meet the specific regulatory and legal requirements in each jurisdiction.
Pictured left to right - Eamonn Siggins, CEO, CPA Ireland; Gillian Peters, Director Business Development, CPA Ireland, Mr. Md. Mamunur Rashid FCMA, President ICMAB, Áine Collins, President CPA Ireland, Trish O’Neill, Director Member Services CPA Ireland, Cáit Carmody, Director Professional Standards CPA Ireland
You Can Become a CPA Without Leaving Home
CPA is one of the best known international accounting designations and Irish professional qualifications are held in high regard worldwide. By becoming a CPA you are joining a global network. Out of some two and a half million qualified accountants worldwide, one million plus are CPAs. The entire process is all online and can be completed from the comfort of your own home.
Benefits of Membership of CPA Ireland
- Access to the Member Services team who provided a dedicated support service for all your membership needs.
- Free recruitment service
- Free technical support service for all your accountancy related queries
- Increased employment opportunities
- Free access to our wellbeing platform with guided meditation, an online gym, yoga sessions, nutrition advice and wellness podcasts
- Expert insights and advice in our journal, Accountancy Plus and our monthly ebulletin
- A selection of free CPD courses
CPA Ireland provides members with a variety of benefits, discounts and professional services. The full range includes financial, health, publication, lifestyle, technical and professional benefits. Professional and technical resources will enable you to remain up to date and at the leading edge of your profession.
Terms & Conditions
An ICMAB member seeking admission to CPA Ireland should:
- Be a holder of a recognised degree, or
- Have at least five years’ work experience, and have successfully completed:
- The ICMAB examinations
- The ICMAB Practical experience requirements
- Any other requirement as may be prescribed by ICMAB from time to time, and
- Be a member in Goodstanding and not currently subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigations and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years
- Complete and pass the CPA Ireland Strategy Level examinations in: a) Advanced Financial Reporting, and b) One examination from - Data Analytics for Finance, or Advanced Audit & Assurance, or Strategic Corporate Finance, or Advanced Tax Strategy (if the Advanced Tax Strategy examination is sat and passed, the requirement to complete and pass the Overview of Irish Taxation would not be required.)
CPA Ireland is not obliged to admit as its Member any Member of ICMAB who:
(a) is a Member of ICMAB by virtue of an MRA or any other mutual recognition arrangement with another professional body;
(b) is the subject of a current investigation into his or her professional conduct;
(c) has been subject to any disciplinary sanctions within the five years prior to their application.
- ICMAB Letter of Goodstanding
- 2 Professional written letters of reference
- ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- ICA Bangladesh Membership Certificate
2. Complete and pass two online courses (available at €125 each)