The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (CPA Ireland) and the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) entered into a mutual recognition agreement (MRA) in November 2015.
The agreement offers qualified members of each body to become a member of the other body, and to enjoy the benefits which each organisation offers.
You Can Become a CPA Without Ever Leaving Home
You can join CPA in 4 steps:
CPA is one of the best known international accounting designations and Irish professional qualifications are held in high regard worldwide. By becoming a CPA you are joining a global network. Out of some two and a half million qualified accountants worldwide, one million plus are CPAs. The entire process is online so you will never have to leave the comfort of your own home.
Member Benefits, Discounts and Professional Services
CPA Ireland provides members with a variety of benefits, discounts and professional services. The full range includes financial, health, publication, lifestyle, technical and professional benefits. Professional and technical resources will enable you to remain up to date and at the leading edge of your profession.
A SAIPA member seeking admission to CPA Ireland should have successfully completed:
- The SAIPA examinations, AND
- The SAIPA practical experience requirements, AND
- Any other requirement as may be prescribed by SAIPA from time to time
- Be a member in good standing and not currently subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigations and has not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions in the past five years
CPA Ireland is not obliged to admit as its Member any Member of SAIPA who:
(a) is a Member of SAIPA by virtue of an MRA or any other mutual recognition arrangement with another professional body;
(b) is the subject of a current investigation into his or her professional conduct;
(c) has been subject to any disciplinary sanctions within the five years prior to their application.
1. Email PDF copies of all relevant documentation below to email@example.com
- SAIPA Letter of Goodstanding
- 2 Professional written letters of reference
- ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
- SAIPA Membership Certificate
2. Complete and pass two online courses (available at €125 each):
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2 above, you can then complete steps 3 and 4.
3. Complete the Online MRA Application form
4. Pay the Administration Fee of €200
If you require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org