Succession planning for Practitioners
– Colm Divilly explores the challenges and provides solutions for practitioners when retiring from practice.
- In this article Paul Gosal provides some practical insight in relation to the succession planning process and outlines some of the key discussion points to raise with clients.
Visit CPA’s Practice Connect
– a confidential platform to allow firms to advertise practices for sale and merger opportunities.
Ceasing your firm
One important aspect of the cessation of your practice will be to ensure that you have complied with CPA Ireland’s Bye Laws. You must consider the following;
- Run off cover for professional indemnity insurance purposes. See Bye Law 9.
- Continuity of services to your clients
- Removal of signage and online profiles
- Resignation as auditor to comply with Companies Act legislation