Sustainability at CPA Ireland
The Climate Action Plan has set targets to achieve zero carbon emissions by 2050.
At CPA Ireland, we are working with many stakeholders in the area of sustainability to create a sustainability strategy that will benefit our students, members and wider society.
As well as building long term strategies, CPA Ireland has already committed to:
- Being at the forefront of change on sustainability matters in the accountancy profession in Ireland
- Supporting and educating students and members with the tools and resources to develop sustainability strategies
In order to achieve our sustainability strategy goals, in 2021 CPA Ireland is committed to:
- Auditing our carbon footprint
- Reducing the organisation’s carbon emissions
- Offsetting carbon emissions by working with external partners on carbon offset projects
- Pledging to plant a tree for every student registration in 2021
- Pledging to plant a tree for every annual conference attendee in 2021
- Providing education through educating our trainees on the new syllabus and our qualified members through CPD
CPA Ireland have partnered with Hometree to offset carbon emissions in 2021.