Notice has been hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting (“EGM
”) of Members will be held on Wednesday 21 February 2024 at the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (“CPA Ireland
”), Clonmell House, 17 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2, at 11.30 a.m. to transact the following business:
To consider and if thought fit, to pass, the following special resolution:
"That, the proposed amalgamation of CPA Ireland and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (“Chartered Accountants Ireland”) (the “Proposed Amalgamation”) be approved in principle, provided that prior to the Proposed Amalgamation taking effect:
Please see attached the following:
Letter from President
Notice of EGM
By Order of Council.
- the Proposed Amalgamation is approved by the members of CPA Ireland;
- all changes to the bye-laws of Chartered Accountants Ireland necessary to give effect to the Proposed Amalgamation are approved by the members of Chartered Accountants Ireland; and
- all necessary approvals of the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority and the Department for the Economy of Northern Ireland are obtained.”
29 January 2024
- Members will be able to view the EGM through livestreaming and can register to view this livestream at https://cpaireland-ie.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e4SrVVjZT_mtUlxbyb6N7Q.
- If members wish to have questions addressed at the EGM, members can submit questions relevant to the EGM in advance. You are hereby requested to submit any relevant questions to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5.30 p.m. on 19 February 2024. Questions submitted after this deadline will not be addressed at the EGM.
- A member entitled to attend, speak and vote at the above EGM may appoint as their proxy any other member who is qualified to attend, speak and vote instead of them under section 183 of the Companies Act 2014 (as modified by section 1205 of the Companies Act 2014).
- Completing and returning a form of proxy will not preclude a member from attending, speaking and voting at the meeting should they so wish.
- To be effective, the form of proxy together with the power of attorney or other attorney, if any, under which it is signed or a certified copy of that power or authority, must be (i) sent by email to email@example.com; or (ii) deposited at the registered office of CPA Ireland (Clonmell House, 17 Harcourt St, Dublin 2), at least 48 hours before the time of holding the EGM or adjourned meeting at which it is acted on.