2023 Terms & Conditions
You must agree to the following terms and conditions to be eligible for the awards for this competition:
- The competition is open accounting students enrolled in a University/Technological University or Institute of Technology (IT) in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- be over the age of 18,
- be enrolled as an accounting or business student in a University or IT in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland and,
- register to the Quitch ‘National Accounting Competition Ireland’ class with their Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland college email address.
Quitch reserves the right to verify the validity of the entrants and disqualify anyone who is not eligible.
Quitch app is the platform for the competition. The promoters are CPA Ireland (The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland)
- The competition commences at 9:00 AM (GMT) on Monday 06 February 2023 and finishes at 10:00 PM (GMT) on Sunday 23 April 2023.
- This is a game of skill, applying your knowledge by answering quizzes. Quizzes are posted weekly, where consistently answering these correctly and often will place you higher on the leader board.
- €3400 total cash prize pool.
- First prize €1,000, second prize €600, third prize €300 for placement on the leader board.
- When there is a draw in points, the leader board prioritises the number of correct answers. If there’s still a tie we use the total time taken submitting answers. The winners of the competition shall practice the questions multiple times and therefore position higher on the leader board. Prizes are awarded based on leader board position, there is no split prize due to a tie in points.
- Winners will have one week to accept the prize before it will be awarded to the next highest ranked participant on the leader board.
- 10 x €100 weekly prizes (€1,000): The winner of the weekly prize will be chosen by random by a draw.
- Winners will be drawn each Sunday for 10 weeks (starting from Sunday 12 February 2022) at 10:00 PM. Winners will be published on social media and the Quitch and CPA Ireland websites on the following Tuesday. Winners will be contacted via their University/IT email address by CPA Ireland.
- Only one prize will be awarded per person.
- €500 educator prize awarded to the top student’s University or IT.
- Winners will be contacted via their University or IT email address.
- Winners will be published on https://quitch.com/competitions & https://www.cpaireland.ie/become-a-student/Why-Choose-CPA/quitch-competition on Thursday 27 April 2023.
- The competition terms are governed by Victoria, Australia.