Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI)
A scheme available to eligible businesses to support strategic long-term investment. The scheme is offered by Government through the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation, the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, and the SBCI.
The scheme is available to eligible SME and Small Mid-Cap businesses, including those in the primary agriculture (farming) and seafood (fishing) sectors in Ireland.
Loans from €25,000 to €3 million per eligible business. Loans of up to €500,000 are unsecured.
- Loan terms range from 7 to 10 years
- Optional interest only repayments available in certain circumstances
- A business plan must be submitted for loans in excess of €250,000
Applicants must choose one of the following loan purposes
- Investment in tangible or intangible assets to increase productivity and/or efficiency, set up a new establishment or extend an existing one.
- Diversification into new products or a change in a production process.
- Investment in tangible or intangible assets for process and organisational innovation.
- Investment in tangible and intangible assets on agricultural holdings linked to primary agricultural production (excludes purchase of land other than site costs or livestock).
- Investment in connection with the processing and marketing of agricultural products.
First six months
- Interest of up to 4.5% on loans of up to €249,999
- Interest of up to 3.5% on loans greater than or equal to €250,000
The rates thereafter are variable and will be dependent on the cost of funds at that point in time.
Further information is available here.