Preparation of periodic and annual accounts of various organisations (including sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and public companies and not-for-profit organisations) to include:
(Key areas required for practising certificate marked *)
1.1 Preparation of basic accounting records
- Maintenance of Sales Ledgers
- Maintenance of Purchase Ledgers
- Maintenance of Payroll
- Maintenance of VAT records
- Other accounting work
1.2 Preparation of control accounts and trial balance
- Perform Bank Reconciliations
- Complete Control Accounts
- Undertake Credit Control function
- Process Foreign Currency Transactions
- Preparation of working papers Preparation of nominal ledgers to trial balance
- Other accounting work: (specify)
1.3 Preparation of unincorporated entity accounts
- Preparation of accounts from incomplete records*
- Preparation and extension of the trial balance from underlying ledger accounts*
- Preparation of final accounts and balance sheets for unincorporated sole traders, partnerships, etc.
- Preparation of budgeted accounts including cash flow statements
1.4 Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Prepare statutory financial statements for a limited company*
- Construction of consolidated financial statements*
- Ensuring compliance with requirements of relevant legislation including Companies Acts 1963 to 2014*
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards*
1.5 Preparation of Accounts for Specialist Organisations
- Preparation of branch accounts, including internal branch accounts and foreign branch accounts*.
- Preparation of financial statements for specialist organisations, e.g. banks, insurance companies, hire purchase companies, credit unions, building contractors, solicitors, trusts, pension funds, co-operatives, hospitals, local authorities, public utilities*.
- Ensuring compliance with Stock Exchange requirements for published accounts and for providing information to shareholders*.