Ifac is a top ten Accountancy Practice operating from 30 locations nationwide. We are the industry leaders in providing taxation, accounts and business advice to farmers and agri-related businesses. Due to continued expansion, we are now recruiting a Financial Accountant for our Head Office in Dublin.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is a busy, dynamic position. The Financial Accountant will work alongside the Finance Manager to ensure the effective delivery of financial support & analysis to the broader business in a timely manner, as well as providing support to the Finance team in all areas of finance as and when required. This role gives the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to join and help grow a high performing Finance team with input into the management, financial and statutory reporting for several group entities.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for the general ledgers including reviewing postings, period-end controls, and
- reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Liaise with external auditors
- Prepare and submit all regulatory, tax and statistical returns on a timely basis
- Liaise with budget holders and assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of strong financial controls, ensuring a strong financial control environment exists at all times
- Assist in IT system developments
- Review, improve, automate, and implement standardised processes on a continuous rolling basis
- Contribute to Finance team initiatives
- Maintaining process and procedure manuals
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Qualified Accountant (CPA/CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with industry experience
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in a busy Finance department in a similar role
- Strong IT, Outlook, and Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Payroll experience is an advantage
- Superior analytical skills and a strong focus on accuracy
- Strong variance analysis and reconciliation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to lead from the front demonstrating high levels of professionalism
- Ability to impact positively on those around them and ensure a positive working environment
- A team player with the ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to multi-task and work within strict deadlines
- Proactive and willing to grow and develop within the role and the company
The office is currently open in accordance with Government guidelines and the candidate will be working remotely a few days per week, with all necessary IT equipment provided. Interviews will be carried out remotely.
Founded in 1975, ifac is Ireland’s market leading farming, food and agri-business specialist professional service firm. We are an award-winning employer and one of Ireland’s Top Ten Accountancy Firms operating from more than 30 locations nationwide.
Apply in confidence with full CV quoting reference F/ACC DUBLIN