Director of Education
We are seeking a dynamic and outstanding professional to lead the advancement of professional education, training and student development within CPA Ireland.
Role Title: Director of Education, CPA Ireland
Department: Education and Training
Post Duration: Permanent
Reporting to: Chief Executive
At CPA Ireland we offer internationally recognised accountancy qualifications, enabling both students and members to grow and develop in their careers. CPA is a progressive and responsive organisation and as such it is our objective to ensure our students are receiving the most up to date and comprehensive education and training available.
To help us achieve our strategic vision we are seeking a dynamic and outstanding professional to lead the advancement of professional education, training and student development within CPA Ireland.
A key requirement of this post will be the direction and leadership of the full spectrum of professional capability within the education and training department. In addition, the post holder will be primarily responsible for guiding the efficient delivery of curriculum change.
Objectives of the Role:
The Director of Education is a member of CPA’s Executive Team and is accountable for a range of key functional responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
• Acting as a subject matter expert in leading the development and implementation of a new future focused curriculum.
• Identifying and establishing new assessment methodologies, and collaborative approaches to education delivery.
• Collaborating with senior management in the development of strategic goals and long-term operational plans.
• Maximising efficiency and productivity throughout the department via extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
• Providing technical policy advice on all matters related to curriculum, examinations and assessment.
• Provide results-based strategic guidance, leadership, management and capacity building to the education and training department.
• Leading the development of the CPA professional accountancy qualification and micro qualifications, to meet the needs of the market.
• Overseeing the management and development of quality assurance and quality improvement systems across CPA Ireland’s education and training programmes.
• Developing and improving working relationships with education providers, Universities, Institutes of Technology, employers, regulators and other stakeholders to ensure that the CPA qualification aligns to market needs.
• Actively managing innovation in service delivery to CPA students within a framework of world class customer service.
• Contributing to national and international education policy, standards, and research on behalf of CPA Ireland.
• Maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the education sector.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Ideally, a qualified professional accountant with significant experience in a sector related to education and training.
• Strong team ethos, able to achieve an effective balance between education, training, assessment, student interests and CPA Ireland’s interests in general.
• An experienced leader with excellent team management skills.
• An open and participative leadership style with excellent networking and communication skills.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to actively promote collaborative team working and effective cross organisational working.
• Resilient and able to work under pressure.
• Experienced in coordinating work where there are conflicting demands on time or other resources; negotiate resources, review progress and adapt resource requirements accordingly.
• A strategic thinker with a track record of successful project implementation.
• A passion for supporting learning and professional development.
Desirable skills and qualifications
• A postgraduate qualification in education and learning.
• Significant experience in designing course materials.
• Experienced in instructional design methodologies.
The remuneration and benefits package offered will be commensurate with the seniority of this position.
To pursue your interest, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to:
Eamonn Siggins, Chief Executive, CPA Ireland
For a confidential discussion, please contact Eamonn Siggins at +353 87 2536619.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Thursday 18 April 2019.