Accounts Assistant/ Book Keeper
Cluain Training & Enterprise Centre
Cluain Training & Enterprise Centre, are seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant/Book Keeper for it’s office in Clonmel, Co Tipperary.
Cluain currently provides training, support and employment opportunities for up to 70 people. Training programmes include:
- Rehabilitative Training – focuses on health gain, personal / social development, independent living skills, adult learning, arts & crafts, work skills sampling.
- Vocational Training – Pathway to Employment programme. This programme focuses on vocational skills, preparation for work and work-related social skills.
- Sheltered Occupational Services – focuses on personal / social development,independent living skills, adult learning, arts & crafts and structured workrelated activities within a supportive environment.
- Enterprise Activities – Cluain has set up and operates small enterprises as a means of providing work / employment and skills sampling opportunities. Training through enterprise gives experience of the culture of work and enhances employment opportunities after training. Cluain social enterprisesinclude:
Cluain Hair Salon
Catering for Meals on Wheels service, Clonmel
- Employment Activities - Cluain works closely with and is the main sponsor of the South Tipperary Supported Employment Project which assists people with disabilities in South Tipperary to achieve and maintain employment on the open labour market.
Together with its training and sheltered work activities, Cluain is also active in maximising employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Current initiatives in this area include networking with local employers to place trainees in open employment and supported employment and the setting up of enterprises to create sheltered employment.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role
The person selected will be required to adminster:
- Payroll, statutory and other deductions
- Payroll, wages and trainee allowances
- Track and monitor sick pay entitlements
- Receipts for all income
- Bank Reconciliations
- Petty Cash
- Accounting for Stocktaking
- Debtors and Creditors Ledger
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Financial Reporting
- Payment to Creditors
- Manage accounts and ensure balance sheet is correct
- General accounts duties as required
The post is currently a Full Time, 37.5hrs per week position, however Cluain is willing to explore options on a reduced working week with suitable candidates.
Qualification and Experience required
- A min of 3+ yrs experience in a business environment
- An Accounting Technician qualification required
- Familiarity with payroll software packages - callsoft, sage
- IT skills - experience with Excel, etc
- IPASS qualification desirable
- Garda vetting and suitable references from previous employers required
Salary and benefits
- Attractive salary package for the right candidate
- Sick Pay scheme
- Discounted meals
- Assistance with further training/education where relevant to the role
Closing Date for Applications Friday 25th September 2020. Applications by email only with CV to email@example.com
Cluain is an equal opportunities employer.