As part of the syllabus for the new joint qualification that includes an MSc in Applied Accounting from DIT and a CPA Ireland Qualification, students must also satisfy a 2 year work placement to obtain the masters and then an extra year to satisfy the three year training requirement to become a fully qualified CPA member.
We are looking for employers who may be looking to increase their trainee intake or looking for an alternative route for trainees in September 2017.
Benefits to the Employer and Students
- The combination of the global recognition of the CPA qualification and DIT’s position in the top four percent of universities worldwide frames the masters programme as the perfect opportunity for those wishing to progress or travel with their career.
- DIT’s exceptional state of the art facilities and CPA’s commitment to the support of its students and members ensures the best student experience possible.
- Research and innovation into the educational offering to ensure it meets the needs and expectations of employers and equips students with the exact skills sought by employers is at the heart of both DIT and CPA’s interests.
- Students are not only gaining technical knowledge but also gaining knowledge on Communication and Professional Development
- Advanced Corporate Reporting
- Audit Practice and Assurance
- Advanced Taxation
- Strategy and Leadership
- Communications and Professional Development
- Corporate Finance
- Accounting Inquiry
- Information Systems
- Work Based Learning
Each trainee will be on four day work placements with one day per week (Friday) over two 15 week semesters. The students will be on fulltime work placement for each subsequent week during the first two years and full time during year three of the work placement.
This programme is for candidates are exempt from CPA Ireland’s Formation 1, Formation 2 and Professional 1 suite of exams.
The terms of the employment contract remain with the employer and trainee.
Please contact Sinead O'Donovan at sodovovan@cpaireland to register your interest or complete the below form.