Value for money protection when hiring a car, including:
- Savings of over €200
- Single and Multitrip options
- Prices from €3.37 per day
What is Car Hire Excess Insurance?
When hiring a car, most car rental companies provide comprehensive insurance which protects you against the costs that you would incur in the event of an accident or theft.
However, most car rental companies include an excess on their car rental agreements. In the event of an accident or if the rental car is damaged or stolen, you will be liable for the initial portion of a loss or damage up to a specified amount on your car rental agreement. This could be as high as €2,500 and this charge may apply even if the damage is not your fault.
This has brought about the need and demand for Car Hire Excess Insurance. You can reduce or eliminate your excess liability by buying AIG Car Hire Excess Insurance which will cover this excess in the event of an accident or if the rental car is damaged or stolen.
Why do you Need it?
- Protect against being ‘hit’ for the excess as a result of an accident or damage to your rented car, no matter how minor.
- Our recent price survey showed we are over €200 cheaper compared to some competitors on a typical 2 week rental in Spain.
- When you are hiring a car in the USA or Canada, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Supplementary Liability Insurance (SLI) may not be included and very often, mandatory liability limits by State can be very low. When you purchase this SLI insurance from AIG, our SLI cover tops up the mandatory liability limits to $1,000,000.
What Does it Cover?
For your car hire excess insurance, you need to look no further than AIG. In addition to our excellent rates, our product has the following features:
- No excess on damage done to the rental car, including damage to wheels/tyres, windscreen or windows, undercarriage and roof.
- Coverage for fire, theft and vandalism.
- Coverage for up to 5 additional drivers who are named on the car rental agreement.
- Key cover and personal effects cover included.
- Free Personal Accident cover up to €40,000 as standard.
- Choice of Daily or Multi Trip options.
- No exclusion for hiring from main residence.
How Can I Avail of This Offer?
To purchase or for more information click here