When and where will the Examination take place?
The second sitting of the Examination will take place on the 16th of August 2013 at 9.30 am at a location to be decided.
- If this is your first time sitting the exam and you have already paid for the course there is no additional cost to sitting the exam. You must contact Jenny Andersson at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your intention to sit the Examination on that date.
- If you sat the Examination on the 7th of June 2013 and need to repeat the examination a fee of €125 will be applied. You must contact Jenny Andersson at email@example.com to register your intention to re-sit the Examination on that date. Please note that applications to sit the examination on that date should be received no later than the 9th of August 2013.
The results of the second sitting of the Examination will be published electronically on the 30th of August.
I have received my exam result. Can I appeal it?
Yes. A fee of €65 applies. Candidates will have 2 weeks from the date on which the results are published to appeal their result. If you wish to appeal your result please contact Lisa Deane.
How do I know if I am properly registered for the PIP course and Examination?
Once you have registered to complete the Personal Insolvency Practitioner (PIP) course, you will receive an email from CPA Ireland with your exam number, exam centre and further information. This will be proof of registration and a copy of this email should be brought to the Examination.
Please note if the centre at which you wish to sit the exam is different to the one in the email you must contact Jenny Andersson.
How long is the exam?
The exam will be 2 hours in length with an additional 15 minutes read in time.
What will be the structure of the Examination paper?
There will be 4 questions on the paper;
- Question 1 : Compulsory Case Study (50 marks)You will be required to answer this question.
- Questions 2-4: You will be required to answer any two of these questions (25 marks each)
To obtain a copy of the Pilot Paper please click here.
What preparation would I need to do for the course?
For information in relation to course reading, please click here.
What will I need to bring to the Examination?
- A printed copy of the email containing your Examination number
- A valid photo id (driving license or passport are acceptable)
- Calculator compliant with Examination Regulations
- Pens etc required
- You may also bring any hardcopy reference material into the examination hall which you may consult, during the examination, at the desk allocated to you for the examination. Candidates are permitted to write on hardcopy reference material they plan to bring to the Examination.
When will the Examination results be available?
The Examination results for the June sitting will be published on the 21st of June 2013.
The Examination results for the August sitting will be published on the 30th of August 2013.
If I sit the Examination on the 7th of June can I re-sit the examination in August?
Yes, however a fee of €125 will apply.
If I sit the Examination on the 16th of August can I re-sit the examination?
No, if you were unable to sit the exam on the 7th of June and sit the exam for the first time on the 16th of August you will not have the option to re-sit the Examination.
Can I sit the exam in a different location to where I sat the course?
Yes, if you attended the course in Dublin and need to sit the exam in Cork (or vice versa) CPA Ireland will endeavour to accommodate your request. You must first inform the Institute by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of the arrangement is only valid once you receive email confirmation from CPA Ireland.
Are the course and exam compulsory?
If you wish to apply to the ISI to become a PIP then you are required to:
- Attend the course, and
- Sit and pass the exam.